Friday, May 06, 2005

Third Culture Building, part deux

Resuming from my earlier post on Third Culture Building, Starosta seems to have proposed a slightly different TCB model of stages together with Guo-Ming Chen (although I admit, the differences are minimal).
Listening among those of differing cultures moves from an intracultural stage(Culture One) to an interpersonal stage(Culture 2). It then enters an intercultural stage of relationship building and restructuring, and a rhetorical stage of internalizing any changes. Finally, it enters a new intracultural stage at a more global level. The rhetorical stage is one in which variant values are negotiated and adjusted among parties so as to render them mutually palatable. The restructured view of the world that follows global listening can be termed Culture Three.

When experiencing the world from one's own point of view, this may be described as an emic view. This is in contrast to the etic point of view, in which the world is experienced from the outside. Through global listening, one moves away from the emic view, to the etic, and finally, after having been immersed in the latter view for long enough, one develops a double-emic view, in which pieces of their own culture and of the culture of "the other" conjoin to produce a new reality.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interestіng, Yοu
are a very ѕkilleԁ bloggег.

I have joined your rss feed anԁ look forwarԁ
to seekіng more of your fantastic post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

my blog; http://wiki.swkotor.ru/index.php?title=Обсуждение_участника:Mahalia846
my website: V2 Cigs Reviews

17:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Body weight training normally is terrific for bettering your overall health and fitness,
lean muscle mass mass, to burn fat and to improve your metabolism.


My webpage - click through the next post

13:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing a home fitness center forces you to perform as a consequence of money and
place issues, is making use of essential work outs.



Here is my homepage - dumbbell sets

03:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Equipments such as Ideal Purposeful Trainer and Affordable Home Fitness center also offers wonderful results but it really is all as many as your BMI index
when your system may take that much punishment or what gear satisfies you very well.


Here is my homepage click through the next document

10:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Individuals have to watch out for deeply discounted, second hand 2008 model Bowflex SelectTech 552's that may be offered on the net.

Also visit my blog post: bowflex 552 selecttech dumbbells

15:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I originally left a comment I appear to
have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
and now every time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same
comment. Is there a way you can remove me from that service?

Kudos!

Here is my weblog ... żółć

20:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using?
I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a fair price?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Here is my homepage: purecapsicumpluss.com

05:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to Find Out My 401k Money With No PenaltyCan I Take
Money Out of answers? You have what is the max percentage for 401k to have reimbursement plan. You
can make the existing plan. The client regarded as along with retirement plans allowed by law.
It discusses Google's 401K what is the max percentage for 401k Plan.

My web site; is a 401k loan a good idea

22:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The initial problem which many companies face when they are
using both Wordpress as well as Code - Igniter is when they want
to incorporate Code - Igniter functionality into their Wordpress theme files.
For other options, Web based word processors are becoming ever more prevalent, specifically in the addressing of collaborative writing.
" The GNUpdf library has, however, not been released yet, while Poppler has enjoyed wider use in applications such as Evince, which comes with the GNOME desktop environment, at the expense of relying on the GPLv2-licensed Xpdf code base that can't be used by GPLv3 programs.

Also visit my blog microsoft toolkit

20:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you have thought that and wanted tto invent something that would
make something easy to do. Scholarships come in a variety of forms,but are generally considered too be "free money" for college.
The next step is too find a related affiliate product.

Feel free to visit my website :: how to make money fast

21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home